8.11.2010

String art meets cubicle wall

Because I am really good at spending my money (Hey I am stimulating the economy people) I have been trying to find way to cut back. Projects are one of those places where I am looking to spend less on but still be creative. That means using up the fabric, thread, yarn, etc. that I have left over from other projects.

Recently I secured a job at NOAA which allowed me to move into my own cubicle. It pretty much allowed me to at least triple the wall space of my work place. So this nest away from home needs some Tyanne touches. As posted before, I have been slightly obsessed with string art. It looks cool, has a retro feel to it and it allows me to create things with found objects at my home. Case in point: office string art. I used pins that are here for hanging stuff up on the cube walls, pined them down into a square and brought in two different colors of thread from home.

I am only kind of happy with this first try. I am not so excited about the colors. The design is only "meh" too. But I like the idea. The beauty of it is that I can just take it down and start over without feeling terrible about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment