Oh hello. Shall we try another new adventure in blogging? Okay, fine. This is now a space for me, Tyanne, to capture the projects that I create from time to time. Driven by idle hands and energy to the max I will try to inspire some creativity.
8.19.2010
Pesky fraying edges no more!
So I came upon this tutorial that I thought I would share. I finished a tunic a while back but did not finish the edges of the seams because I honestly didn't want to bother. Probably not the best idea to cut corners. As to be expected after a couple of washes the seams have started to fray. I know my next endeavor will be happening once school is done (end of this week yay!) and I want to make sure I do it right. I found a tutorial here about french seams. This technique prevents the fraying edges by encasing the seams. I will let you know how it goes. It will save me from zig-zag stitching most of the edges though I know I will be stuck with doing that for some of them. Welp, can't win them all I guess.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment