8.29.2011

Purple Tweed Sweater, the Beginnings

Once again I am embarking on making another sweater. I vowed to use up the stash of yarn that I have accumulated over the years but I couldn't resist. Occasionally I browse Brooklyn Tweed because Jared Flood makes some pretty amazing patterns. I stumbled upon a cardigan from their new book and I knew I had to make it.



I love the golden yellow color of the example but I feel like whenever I knit with that color it never comes out as I really want it to. Rather I went with Rowan's Felted Tweed in a purple color. It is a color that I love and I tend to wear regularly.




Here is the collar of the sweater. I messed up the gauge a couple of times but I think I have it now. The safety pins are the markers for the right and left yokes, the arms and the back. The sweater is worked top down. I think I will finish this one on the ship in September/October.

Oh here is a picture of a cute puppy:



Not mine but I want to keep him forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment