Before meeting up with Jenny and Rashaun at the Capitol Hill Block Party I took a swing by my favorite sewing shop in Seattle: Stitches. Turns out they have expanded by renting an apartment upstairs of the shop as the project space. Very cool but also dangerous for me. So I found a couple of fabrics from Japan. I am pretty sure they are cotton. I am going to make another one of these tunics but alter the pattern yet again. This time I will stick with the A-line skirt because that is flattering on me. Rather than having 3/4 length sleeves I think I am going to go with a short sleeve... just above the elbow perhaps. I am trying to check out some dresses at Anthropology to find inspiration on the sleeve length and shape but that hasn't really told me anything. I am afraid it might be too boxy with the square-ish neckline. We will soon see. Oh! Below is a crappy picture I took with my iPhone of the fabrics I chose. The blue will be the skirt, the cream will be the bodice and the sleeves. Yay!
Pictures of the finished tunic is forth coming. I have a little bit of work to do... really I need to make it a bit more quirky... a closer resemblance of me. Maybe one of my kind friends will take a picture with a real camera. Wouldn't that be nice?
No comments:
Post a Comment