It's funny how spending most of my time on uploading the pictures for my
365 Frames project has really taken time out of blogging. Well I have to say that I accomplished an amazing feet recently: creating the coolest Halloween costume ever. Yeah I might be bias. Bite it. I was inspired by a costume that my friend Mariko brought back from Japan. I am not quite sure what it is called but it is a bear cartoon which has a cult following. I loved it because the costume was a onezie, looked super comfortable, and was adorable. One day doing my usual carousing of Etsy I found a Carebear onezie that looked very similar to the outfit Mariko brought back from Japan. I was sold. This is the costume I was looking for. So I set sail with my vision. I wanted it to be similar to the costume I saw on Etsy but with these vital differences:
- 3/4 length sleeves and legs at least
- Made out of flannel
- Grumpy Bear design
I found a costume pattern online that was a lion/gorilla which I used as a template. Critical problems with the costume: the chest circle was not big enough and was altered for the Carebear's tummy, somehow even though I made the small the torso was still too long so I had to alter it in the mid-section, and the hood was changed from a form fitting skull cap to a hoodie that you would find on a sweatshirt.



I really think what I like the most about this is that my vision actually turned out. When I was a kid I would have loved to have a homemade outfit like this but alas my mom wasn't that crafty. That's cool because it gives me an excuse to make these crazy outfits and not worry about it.
In the near future I will be going back to Alaska to work on a ship. This blog may lay dormant for a while because my limited ability to access the internet at high bandwidths. Keep your fingers crossed that I will have enough projects to sustain myself. After this costume I am ready to kick back and do some reading.
No comments:
Post a Comment