I have been a very busy girl. Surprised?
I made quite a few New Years cards to send to my family and friends. I a still in the progress of making them but I sent the first batch off on Thursday.
Now that the holidays are over I am working on projects for myself. First I used up some super chunky yarn that I bought in Alaska on making myself a hat. It took me less than a day. I added a pom pom and a little bunny patch.
I also worked on a little bike maintenance this weekend. I got the urge to spice up my single speed bike. I normally use it for short distances and when I will leave it outside for a long period of time.... going out for example. I'd rather not have to wear the same hip pouch all the time or carry large backpacks to my destination. I heard about this new bike shop in Ballard called the Dutch Bike Company who has all sorts of neat bikes. I thought I would hit them up to get a basket for my bike. Unfortunately because it is so tiny and had drop handlebars I was advised to get new handlebars and therefore breaks, cables, casings, etc. So I made a quick run to Recycled Cycles in the UDistrict to pick up some used break leavers (FOR A WHOPPING $5!) and the other pieces for the breaks. I returned to Dutch Bike Company to get new handle bars and a basket. The basket is on order but I installed the handle bars when I got home. Lovely! And, as Fritz at the shop promised, the ride has drastically changed on the bike. I LOVE IT. It has breathed new life into the bike and I can't wait to ride it around. My basket will be here in about a week. Good thing I will be in NOLA because I would be pacing! Dutch Bike Company is a great little shop. Fritz was super helpful without being pretentious. I can't wait to give him more business!
No comments:
Post a Comment