1.12.2011

The Great Fall of 2011

As you may know I am a very active person. You may not know that. Well I am. The last year I have been plagued with tendinosis of the ham string. It has really taken me out of my favorite activities. Well tomorrow I am slated for a procedure called an Autologous Blood Injection (ABI) at the University of Washington's Sports Medicine Clinic. This will hopefully help with my recovery because it has been way too slow for a healthy person my age. In my last hurrah I decided to go on a little jog... in the dark... on the city streets. Needless to say I have learned a hard lesson. I make it about three blocks and I become airborne. I tripped over a crack and slid on my hands and knees. My iPhone went flying.

So I limp back to my house in worse shape and without really working out. Now come the pictures.

The great fall of 2011
Minimal damage done to the knees.

The great fall of 2011
Left hand fared pretty well.

The great fall of 2011
Oh God! I think I can see the tendons in my elbow.

So then I decided to make some jenky bandages. My friend Jobie is coming over for dinner and I asked her to pick some up. Yay. For now some extra fabric, paper towels, toilet paper and duct tape will have to do.

The

Luckily I am headed to the doctor tomorrow so maybe she will let me know if I need to head upstairs to the regular clinic to see someone about my elbow. It burns.

No comments:

Post a Comment