1.17.2011

Martin Luther King Jr. Day

FEDERAL HOLIDAY!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA!

Now I got that out of my system. Man I love three day weekends. Three day weekends mean fun and super productivity. Today I finished my bicycle project (even though I am not going to have a chance to ride my bike for another two weeks due to doctor's orders). A doctor isn't going to keep me from finishing my bike. I called the Dutch Bike Company to see if they got my basket in. I phoned up and got Alex who told me that he just got the package in of what appeared to be baskets. He then proceeded to open the package with me on the phone which sounded hilarious because it seemed like he was holding the phone purposefully close enough so I could hear each part of the box opening and being unpacked. "It's like Christmas, or my birthday, or like I ordered a package and I am opening it up for the surprise... but I am not there...." I awkwardly said to break the phone silence (Hey, I don't know if it is just me or if it is our generation but I feel like I have become a terrible phone conversationalist. Don't even get me started on leaving messages. Okay I just did. I leave the most rambling messages on the planet. They may or may not include singing. So socially awkward.). Long story which is still long they had my basket in. And I headed down to the shop. Just as everything I do, nothing was as easy as just attaching the basket to my bike. The bars which attached to my wheel to the basket were too long. Alex was ever so kind in drilling new holes and cutting the bars. He also helped me get the bike up and running with the new basket.

Now a not so shameful plug. Dutch Bike Company is awesome my friend. I highly recommend giving them your business. They are a small shop with limited accessories and bikes but the guys who run it are super friendly and not pretentious at all. Great senses of humor all around. Hell, they laughed at my terrible jokes so you already have that in common with them! They spent countless half hours to hours on my simple basket project alone. I think that I will try to beat the spring rush and bring my Tiny Giant into their shop for a tune up.

Oh you want to see the finished product? Well see below. I am going to add corks to the inside of my handle bars so I will not core myself. Oh and not only did I work on my bike but I replotted some plants.

New Basket for my bike

So you might be wondering what I mean by "core myself". This is a horror story told to me by my old roommate, Bobby. It is really important to put stoppers in the ends of your handle bars because if you don't and you are involved in an accident there is a good chance that you could land on your handlebars and they can penetrate your skin taking a good cylindrical chunk from your body. Sorry. The more you know, people, the more you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment