My friend Annie and I went to a yarn shop to get some supplies that she needed for a pattern. I went because I love yarn and projects and I was in the car. As she went to get stuff she needed for her project and I bummed around in the store. They had an array of Debbie Bliss pattern magazines. I found one called "Land Girl" which each pattern was inspired by 1940's designs. Flipping through the book I found what I have been pining for: a sleeveless sweater with a western motif! It is called the "Sleeveless Jacket" , it is a fair isle pattern and has horses on it! I didn't buy the book and the yarn right away. I slept on it talking with Annie and Brooke about the pros and cons. The pattern calls for a lot of yarn and I really wanted to start saving some money. I searched for yarn alternatives and found they had a 100% wool yarn at the store that was a few dollars cheaper than the one that was called for in the book. The enjoyment that I get out of knitting overcame my hesitations and I got the book and most of the yarn (I didn't buy it all at once because I am looking to spread out the cost over a few months).
I started the sweater last night and I am about two inches in on the back now. I hope that I don't get burnt out with the project and never finish it. This is one of the things that I am learning to overcome. I think my excitement of having a really sweet sweater will overcome my inhibitions. Fingers crossed.
No comments:
Post a Comment