3.20.2011

Lazy Waffle Sunday

The absence of writing on this blog is due to the fact that I have been working like a mad woman to finish the dang sweater before it gets too warm for me to wear it. Well mission almost accomplished. To ward off the great depressive mood that I was getting in because the Huskies lost today eliminating them from the NCAA Tourney (thanks for throwing it all away in the last 15 seconds guys) I went to work seaming up the sides of the sweater.

But before I get to that I want to share with you my waffles that I made today. Jenny's mom and dad gave me a waffle iron that they no longer had a use. I have been wanting an iron like this for quite a while because it reminds me of hiking in Norway. When I would go walking or hiking in the woods you would occasionally run into cabins selling treats. One of these treats were waffles that were heart shaped and covered in whipping cream and fruit. This is before I knew I couldn't have dairy and when I didn't mind overlooking my gluten intolerance to fit in and eat something tasty. I found this recipe that is gluten free and vegan.

Ingredients:
  • One large banana, mashed
  • 1 3/4 cups soymilk
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 tablespoon maple syrup
  • 2 cups gluten free flour
  • 4 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup pecans
Directions:
  1. Mix the wet stuff with hand mixer
  2. Add in the four, baking powder and salt. Stir until mixed but still lumpy
  3. Add pecans
  4. Grease up waffle iron, heat that baby up, and add 1/2 - 3/4 cups of the batter onto the iron and let it do its magic until it stops steaming (about 5 minutes)
  5. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD RE-GREASE THE IRON BEFORE MAKING ANOTHER WAFFLE OR IT IS A HUGE MESS (Not like that happened or anything)
  6. Enjoy the goodness and happiness that is life.



Now back to the sweater... where was I? Oh yeah, I finished seaming up the sides. I still need to finish blocking the collar. It seems that I made the collar a bit too long but I can fix that when I am sewing it on.


Catface photobombed me. Psh.

Yep, lazy Sunday indeed. Not quite ready for the work week but looks like I will be doing some reading on the bus these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment